One-Step Pickling & Passivation of Stainless Steel– No Hydrofluoric or ABF Acids
Praxair’s ProStar™ Elimitint™ P&P weld tint remover simplifies the pickling (cleaning) and passivating (restoration) of chromium oxide on stainless steel and nickel alloys.
Introducing Elimitint P&P Weld Tint Remover
Praxair’sProStar ElimitintP&P weld tint remover helps fabricators meet service life requirements with one product for a variety of multi-alloy metals. Additionally, its one-step method, multipurpose formula, and suitability for application by brushing, spraying or dipping greatly simplify the restorative process. Available in paste, gel or liquid versions,Elimitintoffers a simple treatment process that helps users ensure the expected service life of stainless steel and nickel alloy parts.
Step 1) Preparation
- Use and store (near the ground) at temperatures between 50-90°F (10-32°C) for best results.
- This product Must Not be diluted or mixed with other products.
- Preclean cool surfaces of dust, oil and other contaminants with ProStar Alkaline Cleaner (PRS AC14400) as described in ASTM, section A380 and A967.
- Surface should be smooth and free of weld spatter.
- Score welds with a clean stainless steel hand brush.
Applying the All Position Paste:
Applying the Flat Position & Dipping Gel
Applying the Liquid:
3) Treatment or Dwell Time:
4) Removal and Disposal: